Press Release of Governor
Message Of SHRI P.S. SREEDHARAN PILLAI HON’BLE GOVERNOR OF MIZORAM On the occasion of CHRISTMAS 2019 & NEW YEAR 2020 At Doordarshan Kendra, Durtlang, Aizawl On17th December, 2019
1. My dear people of Mizoram, CHIBAI.
2. On this joyous occasion, my wife joins me in wishing all of you a very happy Christmas. It was only as recent as last month that I assumed the office of the Governor of Mizoram. However, during this short period of time, my wife and I have felt the immense warmth, love and affection that the people of Mizoram have showered upon us. We have also noticed that the people in this area by and large have a good heart, and we thoroughly enjoy being in your midst.
3. Christmas is a season of joy and happiness. As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, we are reminded of His ultimate act of love and sacrifice. The message of Jesus Christ is the universal message of love. Jesus taught us to be good human beings, and to always be a blessing for others. He taught us to continue doing good deeds. The Golden Rule that Jesus preached was, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” This means that we should always be ready to show kindness and humility, and that we should treat each other with respect. This is a teaching which can be followed by all people, irrespective of religions.
4. Christmas also brings with it a message of peace. On the night that Jesus was born, the angels proclaimed, “Peace on Earth, good will to men.” In this time of widespread divisiveness and discontent, it is extremely important that we take this message of unity and fraternity to heart. The concept of Unity in Diversity is especially important in our State of Mizoram, as we have people belonging to different communities, languages and religion. We must recall that Jesus preached about the universal brotherhood of all people. As God-fearing citizens, it is our duty to maintain and promote peace and communal harmony at all cost.
5. Mizoram is blessed with an excellent climate, clean atmosphere, and beautiful scenery. I have been fortunate enough to travel to the remote parts of the State, and interact with the various sections of the society. I am very happy to learn that we are law-abiding citizens, with a strong sense of community. However, I believe that much more can still be done in order to realize our true potential. Towards this end, I make an appeal to all the citizens to cooperate with the Government, both at the Centre and at the State, to achieve our Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of a New India.
6. As we come to the end of 2019, let us give thanks for the wonderful guidance and abundant blessings that we have received from the Almighty throughout the year. And with this heart of gratitude, I urge all of us to welcome the coming New Year with a renewed sense of optimism, hope and vigour. It is my prayer that the year 2020 will bring numerous blessings for the State of Mizoram and our great Nation of India.
7. Once again, my wife and I wish all the people of Mizoram a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
8. KA LAWM E.
9. Jai Hind!